Echo Dot in Australia At Last
What is the Echo Dot and what can we use to for , how does it benefit me and my family ?
This is the question asked every day on our website , What is it and what can it do!
Amazon Echo Dot is as has been stated quite frequently one of the four echo devices by Amazon , it is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to comply with any request that you and your family make of it.
- It will play music, from more than one device
- it will control compatible smart home devices,
- It will provide information when questioned
- It can even read the news back to you throughout the day
- It will even set alarms, whether they be for cooking or for waking you up in the morning
- It can read to you out loud from various audiobooks from Audible.
- It can connect to speakers throughout your home
- It can connect to your headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
- It can when set up Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers when connected via cable with multi-room music.
- It will at your request call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App.
- It will also connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Within your home or office it can controls lights, switches and smartplugs where you have compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, LIFX, TP-Link, D-Link, Logitech Harmony and many others.
- It is so sensitive that it can hear you from across the room with its seven inbuilt microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even while playing music.
- It can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, or as an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device.
- As stated on the main site the Echo Dot is always getting smarter – The software “Alexa” updates through the cloud automatically.
- It could and can when set up act as am emergency device for the elderly at home , connecting them to friends, family or even call emergency services. As long as you can speak and make the request the Amazon Echo Dot can help you.
- It is as simple as asking Alexa to control compatible smart devices, request an Uber, book a restaurant with Dimmi, find a recipe with Taste all of this with the Echo and much much more.
Comparison Between the Four Echo Devices from Amazon
Technical Information on the Echo Dot from Amazon
|Size||The Echo Dot size is 104 mm x 97 mm x 91 mm|
|Weight||419 grams. Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process|
|Alexa App||The Alexa App is compatible with Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available in all areas and may require subscription or other fees.|
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||Wi-Fi required. Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Spot or from Echo Spot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||Built-in speaker. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).|
|Warranty and Service||Echo Spot is sold with a limited warranty of one yearprovided by the manufacturer. This limited warranty does not restrict or alter any non-excludable statutory consumer protections or rights you may have, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Use of Echo Spot is subject to the terms found here.|
|Included in the Box||Echo Spot, power adapter/cable (1.8 metre) and quick start guide.|